Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year...and New Kitchen!

Happy New Year everyone! 2009 was so good to us...we will miss you, but we are looking forward to 2010! We hope 2010 brings you lots of fun!

I've mentioned our kitchen chaos a couple times so I thought I would post some pictures.

The original kitchen. I will not miss our old kitchen! I certainly don't need the fanciest kitchen and I could have lived with the funky 60's tile, but the drawers, cabinets and stove that didn't work had to go! Bye, bye old kitchen!





After demolition!

We took out the wall from our living room to kitchen - it already feels so much brighter! We have actually made a lot of progress since these photos. We are done with electrical, lighting, patching, drywall and texturing...now were ready for paint!



You might have guessed, we are doing all the work ourselves. My brother came up for a week and was a HUGE help. Brock is also a big helper. He made about 50 trips from the kitchen to the trailer during demo with Brock-sized garbage. The work crew!

Brock took these photos of Cory and Art. Funny to see us from his perspective.








Our temporary kitchen.



The dish washing room (i.e. the bathroom)

1 comment:

  1. My first posting...about time I get with the program. The kitchen is going to be so sweet, how nice to have a talented crew to do the work. I have loved your blog site since the moment you began, thank you for sharing your beautiful life with us all. When Marisa, Gavin or Bryce come to visit, we sometimes go back and look through old pictures, Bryce and Gavin especially likes Cory's bike shots/videos.
    Hugs of Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete