Thursday, October 22, 2009

Brockisms

The Brock stories just keep getting better...

The other day Brock asked Pa (Grandpa Coulston), 'Pa were you a baby?' Pa, of course, answers that yes he used to be a baby. Then Brock asked, 'Pa, did you have a beard when you were a baby?'

The other morning I awoke to the sound of our kitchen chair being pushed across the kitchen floor. This, of course, means that Brock is up to something - so I jump out of bed! I came into the kitchen to find him with only his pajama shirt on - bare from the waist down. I asked him what he was doing and he announced, 'I went potty and I'm getting myself a potty treat'- duh mom, just go back to bed :) Do you think a potty treat could wait until 6am?

We just got back from a trip to visit Brock's great grandma Daphne. Brock was slightly obsessed with her adorable and sweet black lab, Buddy. He would say things like, 'Buddy, is the best dog I ever seen', 'I missed buddy from a long time ago', 'I love buddy so much' - hilarious. The day we were leaving he asked Grandma Daphne, 'Grandma, are you gonna miss me?'

Brock's FAVORITE books are by Richard Scarry. Last night when we were in the car coming home from the airport Brock said to his Dad, 'If we take a bath and then brush we will read Richard Scarry?'

I usually don't give time outs for not cleaning up, but today I was at my wits end and when Brock decided to play in one of our house plants and refused to help clean up I gave him my standard time out warning...'Brock, you need to help mommy clean up this mess or you will be going in time out' - his response, 'I'm gonna go in time out' I guess I need to work on my time out delivery - this was not the outcome I was hoping for:) Brock is the master manipulator - he is always bargaining for something! Sometimes I can't believe how quickly his little brain can work - way faster than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment