Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Belly Report - 27 Weeks

Growing a baby and a toddler is hard work! I'm feeling pretty good these days, just growing and experiencing the pains that go along with expanding :) We had a Dr. apt earlier this month and all is well again. I am measuring right on and the heart beat was strong. The baby did an impressive dance for our Dr. while she was listening to to the heart beat. This child is, dare I say this, more active than Brock was. Or at least the movements are different...I remember Brock's movements being very large and in charge, rolling tumbling etc. My belly would change shapes with his movements! This baby is just down right violent, thrashing, punching and kicking. It will wake me out of sleep or sometimes when I get a good kick while sitting at work I feel my whole body move. I LOVE this part of pregnancy - there is just nothing like feeling a little life inside you! The other night I was rocking Brock on my shoulder and he could feel the baby moving under his belly - what a great mommy moment to have both my babies so close!

People (as in almost everyone) are predicting a girl. Yesterday I had a perfect stranger come up to me and ask when my daughter will be born. I don't believe there is any truth to people's predictions, but it sure is fun for everyone to keep guessing! We are very much anticipating our grand meeting with this little one. People always ask how I can wait to find out the gender. Because...we get to anticipate for even longer the biggest and most exciting surprise of our life! That moment at the end of a long hard labor is the most thrilling ever! We love this little bean either way - we can hardly wait to meet you! One thing is for sure, you will have the best big brother in the world - he already talks to you and gives you sweet little kisses. He seems to have no resentment for the limited space on mommy's lap - he is happy to share it with you little one - at least for now.



Hmmm....what is that on my belly, probably just dirt or dinner - the belly is always in the way!

2 comments:

  1. Enid, you look beautiful! Olivia and Clara are going to have a friend before we know it. Keep smiling. Love, Linda Baker

    ReplyDelete