Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Brockisms

Just imagine a whole day filled with Brockisms...
I find myself both amazed and entertained by Brock all day long and then at the end of the day it is hard to remember all the great things he said. I think I must hear "hey, mom.." and "Why?" a thousand times a day at least! Here are a few...

Brock loves these national geographic books on animals that we have. The other day Brock wanted me to read to him and he said, "Mom, will you read me a story...the one about cliff swallows". Then the other morning he scupted a beaver out of play dough (and, yes, it really looked like a beaver) and he said, 'this beaver slaps its tail on the ground to warn the other beavers of danger'

We were playing basketball the other day. He laid the hoop down and was rolling the ball through it...apparently this is more fun than basketball. I mentioned that it was kind of like bowling and he said, "no mom, its cholling". Then he came up with a whole lingo for cholling...'choll it mom', 'yeah choll' when you scored a point and so on.

The other day he wanted to know, 'when I get bigger will Theo still be little?'

Many of our parenting strategies have now been reversed on us... for example, "dad you can swing me and then read me a story, those are your choices" By the way the choices are always good, while the choices mommy gives are not as desirable.

Brock loves to pretend. You never know what type of animal will be pawing at your leg next. My favorite part about this is how he gives instructions to us on how to play along, "mommy, this kitty doesn't talk, this kitty loves to play with socks, this baby can't walk". The other day this baby was being a little naughty and I was telling the baby to stop doing something and this baby told me, "this baby doesn't understand words" - VERY TRICKY little baby!

Another favorite of mine is the use of the word awesome and cool - so hilarious. We will be about do something, like build a fort and he will say, "this is gonna be awesome mom".

These are some of Brock's lego creations. He is so good at legos!



1 comment:

  1. can never get enough Brockisms! Cant wait for our Girls to start chattering away (well sort of) hope easter was great for you and your family. Hope to see you soon
    Katie Jeremy Clara and Olivia

    ReplyDelete