Sunday, February 24, 2008

Another Feeding Feat!

I think I mentioned a while back that my little junkie was addicted to breast milk and refused any other milk including cow, goat and I even tried formula. Well, the weaning process was slow, but I'm happy to report my little boob-aholic (Brock) is officially weaned from breast milk and now happily adjusted to cows milk. It was actually easier than I thought it would be. No tears, just gradually nursed less and less - we haven't nursed at all for 7 days. I was giddy the day I packed up the pump at work a couple months ago - no more dairy cow sessions while trying to type, read, or answer a phone. Don't get me wrong - breast feeding was a wonderful experience, challenging, but well worth the effort! Brock had an extremely healthy first year and I'm giving breast milk all the credit! I'm sure this is way to much information for most of you, but I just had to share one of my proudest mommy accomplishments - breastfeeding for almost 15 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment